Followers

Sunday, 13 December 2009

Magical Crafts Challenge no 4!!!!!!!




Here goes with the fourth challenge at Magical Crafts! The challenge was to make a special birthday or Christmas card. I still had some family cards to make so made this for my mother in law and father in law. It is my first attempt at an easel card and I don't think I got it quite right but never mind it stands up! (Well it consists of 4 bits of card so it should!!) The papers I got from the bargain box at a local craft shop which I loved straightaway and used them the same day (which doesn't happen very often!!). They are just so pretty and traditional. The decoupage is from La Pashe Remember When series. I love the traditionalness (if thats a word!) It is just a beautiful image and is what Christmas is all about. The stickers are Dovecraft Victorian glitter stickers mounted on contrasting paper and holographic card to make the card personal. The image is also glamourdusted (not many of my projects are complete without it these days!!) but it hasn't shown up well as it is just highlighted with it. Hope you like it!! Thanks for looking!!!

9 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

A lovely card Steph, I really must have a go at an easel card in the new year they look so effective

Hugs Jackie x

Liz said...

Beautiful card Steph

liz xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning card hun,
Thankyou,
Hugs Angel

Anonymous said...

I love this card Steph - you could just step into it and warm yourself by the fire. It's fantastic. Hugs Shell x

tiggertastic said...

oh fab card, i just lvoe the image you have used here, so warming
sarah x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is stunning and I lvoe the rich, traditional Christmas colours and papers. Fabulous!
Love, Sylvia x

Mel X said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours and that image is sooo very special!

Mel X

Unknown said...

This is wonderful Steph, great LO and papers and always love these adorable La Pashe xmas decoupages.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Spyder said...

lovely lovely card! I could just sit there and toast my crumpets!!((Lyn))